Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Brothers don't shake hands, brothers gotta HUG!


Finals next week...that sounds so weird to me. I haven't taken a final in about a decade. I am so very close to completing my first semester of language school! I have to admit, I was terrified of going to school here, but here we are and no casualties to speak of. I feel a sense of accomplishment even though I have SO MUCH MORE to learn. This language is intense. My speaking skills are progressing, but reading and writing are pretty dern complicated. I really enjoy all three of my teachers, and am curious to see if I have any of them again next semester. We get a break from school from mid January until March...WOO HOO! We are SO excited to have Chad's parents coming for a visit at the end of January. I can't wait to hug their necks. Being so far away from family has made me so much more appreciative of them. Like I said, I CAN'T WAIT. I wasn't really a hugger back in the States, but that has changed. I am going to be so annoying with all the hugging when we return this summer. Friends get ready to be squeezed! ...."Brothers don't shake hands, brothers gotta hug!"....anybody know that movie line???

No comments: